The downgrading from Compass Pro to Compass Free depends on how you're subscribed to it, see below.
Please note that currently your Compass Pro account will be downgraded directly once cancelling the subscription, even if your billing period isn't over. If you want to use Compass Pro until the month/year is over, please set yourself a reminder to cancel the account closer to that date.
We are sorry for the inconvenience and are working on improving this process!
Paying with Stripe
If you subscribed to Compass Pro using Stripe then downgrading to Compass Free is an easy two step process:
- Go to your Billing Settings
- Cancel your subscription
Paying through the Shopify app store
If you are subscribed to Compass Pro with Shopify, you won't be able to edit your billing details through Compass because all of that is handled by Shopify. Further, there is currently no way to downgrade. Therefore this process is a little bit more cumbersome:
- In your Shopify admin go to Apps:
- Find and delete Shopify. This will cancel your subscription and also completely deactivate your Compass account.
- Install Compass again from the Shopify app store.
You will have to go through the whole setup and data connecting process again and data collection might take a bit of time. But then you can enjoy all the features of Compass Free again!
- This is optional, but please let us know what you were missing in Compass Pro and how we can improve it! Just send us a quick note to email@example.com